Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A few notes on grooming the Alpha Male...

If you haven't read about it yet, you're going to need to scroll down and read the post before this one first.



The first time I talked to Grant outside of church, he finally got me to come to one of his scrapbooking parties and I stayed after everyone else had gone home and talked to him. It was then I noticed the very weird stray hairs sprouting from his nose and I stared at them throughout the entire conversation, which lasted a couple of hours if I remember correctly.

Flash forward a few months: we've been dating a little while and we get into a...heated discussion and the result is we both feel there are small things we could do to be more presentable. He got me to buy a more feminine watch and every day shoes (both of which do look nicer) and I took free reign on those darn nose hairs (and in between his eyebrows while I was at it).

He still seems to have a hard time believing that his nose sprouts whiskers-so I show them to him each time I get one. He's less fascinated with them than I am.

And sometimes he puts on a brave face. Sometimes he goes into convulsions when I attack a zit that he swears is "attached to my central nervous system!" But always he lets me know he's had enough by saying "Ow!" in a very high-pitched voice that makes him sound more like a kitten than a person every time my finger so much as grazes his skin, let alone finds an offending clogged pore.

But...he is a very good sport about it I've gotta give him that. Just don't let him know I do it because it drives the me crazy to look at his nasty nose whiskers and not because he's the alpha male and it's a sign of respecting his authority.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

You guys are too funny. I'm pretty sure if I attacked Caleb with the tweezers he'd leave me. My alpha male doesn't like to be groomed.