Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In my defense...

I offered it to him at least THREE TIMES. He seemed revolted by the idea, as if he were thinking, "Why would I ruin a perfectly good potato chip with that hud?"

The container wasn't that big. I made sure to get the small one, even though it was less economical. It looks at least twice the size it actually is in that picture. I'm pretty sure Grant adjusted the angle to make it look like that so he'd have a funnier post.

Part of the reason I actively decided to finish it in a single sitting was so that I wouldn't be tempted to buy more potato chips to finish off the dang container and thus start a vicious cycle. I might have been the only one eating dip, but we were both scarfing chips.

I had a small bowl of granola, a nectarine and a wheat bagel to eat up until that point of the day and it was 5pm when we got home with the dip. I was starving when I sat down with it.

I've been craving the dang dip for over a month now and the anticipation of finally satisfying it was no small force in inhaling it once I finally got it.

Nobody only eats one serving of anything according to the little chart on the product. There are those among us who can't even manage to eat one serving when they come in single-serving packages. Just sayin'...

I haven't had this stuff since I was in college. That was seven years ago. I won't buy it again for probably that long.

And I offered it to him. He totally turned his nose up at it.

Just. In my defense, y'know. He's having a ball with this.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

BTW, bravo for reading a chapter of Twilight to him. Is he liking it?

Beckie said...

Twilight and French Onion Dip - that makes for a nice evening!!
I love the FOD in our house too that is until I introduced it to Marlee she is the one to finish the container. and when a girl has a craving she has a craving!! (I could just die for a caramel apple right now!)

Seth said...

So...Kristina and I once had a major crisis in our marriage. She was pregnant and got a mad craving for taco bell tacos.

Long story short...I didn't get her one. So what did I learn? Don't get between a pregnant woman and her craving!

BTW, I am trying to be funny here. It wasn't actually a crisis, but I did learn about the craving.

Danielle said...

No defense is necessary. Your actions were completely normal. And yes, it looks like a very small container.

:P

Laura said...

Hahahaha.

Michelle said...

Oh man... now I want some French Onion Dip and the chips to go with it. Dang. Man, if I go to the store one more time this week for a craving, Dave will have my head. But it just sounds so blessedly good... Dang. And for an actual comment, you both have NOTHING. I ate an entire jar (32oz) of hamburger dill pickles in about 4 hours. Chips and dip? popsicles? candy bars? All perfectly socially acceptable. People just laugh when you tell them about that. And entire 32oz jar of pickles? People start to give you a wide berth.