Friday, September 26, 2008

Nutrition


For many reasons, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from Grant when I got pregnant. But if I knew him the way I thought I did, one thing was for sure--he was going to be having a say in what would be going into to my body as long as his child would be growing in it.

I've been pushing for healthy since I started losing weight five years ago. But now, I'm taking so many supplements that I need a week-long pill box to keep track of it (that's another "fun" factor of pregnancy, sometimes I lose my mind and can't remember what I've done in a day).

All pregnant women should be taking at least what is in my left hand (a nice, generic prenatal). But since I'm carrying the child of the Farns, I take what's in my right hand (a b-complex, iron, 2 calcium, 2 vitamin C and 3 fish oils and my prenatal).


What have I gotten myself into?

5 comments:

Shandis said...

Oh the fun things about being pregnant! Congrats by the way! I love your blog! You two are too much! I hope all is weel and am excited to keep up via your blog!!

Kristina said...

Yuck. Fish oil pills are the WORST!

Seth said...

Kristina doesn't like fish pills cause then she has fishy burps all day and it makes her sick :)

Our Family said...

Ashley;
I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. I've been wanting to add your blog to my list. So now I have it! PS- good for you on the pills...I'm awful just getting my prenatal in me. My poor baby.

Michelle said...

I'm lucky my kids haven't come out deformed or something worse. I'm so bad at taking meds that I gave up about a month after getting pregnant with Nora and haven't taken anything with any of my kids since. You're a much better mommy than me!! Of course, I'm the mom at the park, when my kid falls off the equipment and the other moms are like "Oh my! Is she OK?" I'm yelling "WALK IT OFF!!"