Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Intemperance

Ashley has long made fun of me because of a few eating habits I have. For example, if I buy a box of ice creame sandwiches or popsicles I will eat one after the other until they are gone. Frequently in one sitting. She was also shocked to learn that when I bought a box of 48 snickers at Sams Club I was able to eat the whole thing over the course of about a week. Yes I haven't been known for my temperance when I do start eating (or a number of other things either). I balance that out by forgetting to eat most of the time. Or at least I have in the past.

Well I have finally obtained photographic evidence that I'm not the only one. Today Ashley said "I'm really feeling French onion dip" so we bought some. Then we sat down and she read me a chapter out of Twilight while she took a few Ruffles and dipped them. She's such a good wife. Anyway at the end of the chapter I learned that when Ashley gets a craving, SHE REALLY GETS A CRAVING. That container of dip never even had a fighting chance.

In her defense she offered it to me several times, but declined. I was planning on having some later. It never occurred to me that a whole container of dip could be eaten in a sitting.

According to the label there are 8 servings in a container that size. Or at least there were. :)

Let's be clear. I'm not saying she's a fatty or anything. She's more than welcome to get fat if she wants. But she did eat ALL THE DIP without leaving any for the rest of the family.

I love Ashley so much. I have to take a picture any time she does something funny so it doesn't always seem like she's the normal one in the family.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Anyone who eats a whole package of ice cream sandwiches at one time lost the high ground on this one so long ago that glass houses doesn't even come close to covering it. BTW, I have been known to finish a whole package of 6 fudgesicles in one evening so I can't talk either. My excuse for finishing the dip at one sitting isn't as good as hers either, it is so it won't sit around tempting me.

Seth said...

Kristina and I both love this Jalapeno Cheddar Dip that is a small can for like $2.50. Its a little expensive so when we do get it (birthdays etc.) I usually try to convince her after about the 5th chip that we should put it back in the fridge and savor it and save it until later.

Usually I get home from school the next day and it is gone :(

Danielle said...

Sometimes you just can't stop. I totally would have eaten the whole thing too, but I probably wouldn't have offered to share. Caleb wonders why there isn't ever good snack food around our house. Even if I were to buy it, it sure as heck wouldn't be around when he got home. (Hmmmm... this may have something to do with the 60+ lbs I've gained this pregnancy.... sigh)

Danielle said...

Okay wait... 48 snickers bars in a WEEK? There's probably 2 servings in each snickers bar. And you're picking on her for a measly "8 serving" container of dip? Dude, go get her another one. She deserves it!

Ashley said...

Actually I think I ought to go get HIM one. Now that my craving is completely purged it will be there for a long, long time.

Laura said...

That's the cutest blush, Ashley!! I think you're adorable. And, ya, we ALL have our wonderful stories of ... slightly-less-healthy-alright-downright-bad-for-you food we've eaten in one sitting. ;o)