Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh no you didn't!

Well, we were so elated about the last post, but parenthood is full of ups and downs. And it appears that big steps come in twos.

Just a few minutes after she started playing with her toys, she very suddenly became upset. We picked her up and realized what she had done...

I have posted this picture because it is very censored. She was sitting upright in her carseat, in a onsie, wrapped in quite a thick blanket (that we JUST WASHED). And somehow she pood enough to fill her diaper, leak out all around the legs, and all around the top of the diaper enough to saturate the blanket and taint the carseat. In case you can't tell from the stains it came out all the way around the top of the diaper. 360 degrees! And we had just moved to a larger size of diapers, with greater poo holding capacity. Under this blanked she was up to her armpits in poo.

Kendra is neat in that she doesn't poo very often, but when she does, she really does. We put her directly into the bathtub and all of her clothes into some soapy water.

I think she can poo more than either of her parents in one sitting.

11 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm sorry! But I can't help but laugh. Simeon did that to us while we were at the MUSEUM! When he was like 3 or 4 months old! I mean, what do you do when you can't just throw them in the tub and you are in a nasty public bathroom with who knows what germs are in the sink!

Kristina said...

Oh, Simeon also did that while he was wearing ONLY a diaper, and then he rolled around ALL OVER the carpet. It just gets more and more fun every day!

Jacqueline said...

I laughed and laughed at this post. I recognized by the yellow stains immediately what had happened. I think I told you that Heber filled the reclining seat and it ran over and onto the table. Of course he only went once a week. Where do they store it all until they do it?

rebecca said...

Alice was like that when she was fresh too. I think a massive blowout every once in a while is to be expected until you start feeding her solids. Once she soaked through a couple of layers and got me through my clothes as well. Good times.

Michelle said...

Nora did that on her blessing day, in her white dress, while sitting on my grandmothers lap. Luckily my grandmother has 7 children, so she just laughed. But in all the pictures from her blessing, she's in a hot pink dress because that's all I had!!

Seth said...

I love it. The explosions really are something from newborns though. Eventually you won't have to worry about it anymore.

BTW, some day you will hit the "she is sick and throwing up all night" milestone. That one is probably the LEAST fun.

The Fernandez Family said...

Oh grant and ashley, this is one blow out of many that will come! It's bad when you're in the bath tub with them, hand on their bottom and then...the blowout =)

Danielle said...

That's impressive! At least there's no doubt she's getting plenty to eat. :)

And this is exactly why I always try to have a spare outfit in my diaper bag. With both Justin and Grant I've been in a store when they had a nasty blowout and had to buy an outfit for them so they wouldn't have to go home naked.

Kathleen said...

Blowouts were a daily occurrence with Camryn. Shout became my best friend. I'd scrub it with dishsoap and rinse it well, then spray it with shout to soak until I did laundry. It worked, no stains.
Your little Kendra sure did a good one there though. Thats a lot of baby poo.

Unknown said...

Aren't blow outs the greatest!!! I have had to change my fair share of those (and much much more to come I am sure). Isn't it amazing that so much can come out of something so little and sweet (and with such force for that matter). Its great that you documented this special event, the way you write cracks me up!

Kristina said...

Yup shout worked for me too!