Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Hero

So, I've gotten to know some pretty amazing people in my life. There's just been a steady flow all throughout, and I've looked up to them for their strength and capacity.

Turns out, I not only came from but also married into a family of really outstanding people all around.

I've never actually met this particular one, so I don't even have a picture to share, but we've gotten to know each other through our blogs, Facebook and emails and I've learned quite a bit.

*She's a return missionary, like me (Spanish speaking in South America, though I forget where...).
*She's a cloth diaper enthusiast (and a convincing one at that!).
*She's hiLARious (and introduced me to one of my favorite humor blogs)!
*She's my age(ish) and the mother of 3--an almost 3yo, almost 2yo and a 2 and a half month old (did I mention she had the last one at home?).
*I look at her in absolute awe.

Not only is she clearly an awesome mother, but each of her children has or is currently facing a major medical issue and she just handles it. She doesn't lie about being frustrated or that it's not hard but she doesn't let that stop her from dealing with it and getting done everything that needs to be done. Her blog reflects what I believe her attitude is--she just celebrates life. Yep, there are lots of challenges and just as she gets used to one another one seems to pop up and a lot of them are crazy things that no one else seems to have to deal with, but she still sees all that there is in the world to laugh about, find joy in and be grateful for. All that stuff that makes the challenges worthwhile.

Lots of people who read this already know about Danielle and what a neat person she is, but lots of you don't, so I thought I'd do my part by spreading the good news. Everyday we hear about people who are corrupt and do terrible, awful and sometimes unimaginable things...

But there are also Heroes out there.

Real live ones.

And Danielle is one of mine.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness! It's only like 9:00 and you've already got me crying over here. :) You are too sweet, Ashley. I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed when you meet me and realize I'm just your average Jane. And average is pushing it. ;) But thank you! It means a lot to me.

I hope you realize just how much your kind words have meant to me over the last few weeks. We haven't even met (yet) and already I feel so much love and support from you guys and honestly, it's things like that that get me through each day. Grant did an excellent job picking you to add to the family and I'm certainly glad that he did.

Love ya,
Danielle

Kathleen said...

Amen. Danielle, you're one of my heroes too. I couldn't have said it better. You are amazing.

Jacqueline said...

WE stand in awe. And we put The Overbay's names and Charlotte's in the temple every week. Love you.

Laura said...

What a sweet, truthful post! I love Danielle!