Saturday, December 20, 2008

He cracks me up...


Grant's has an ENTP personality type, and any of you who know him likely have an idea what I'm referring to when I say that because he very often sits people down and gives them the test from the book and he's probably done it to you, too. He did it with me one of the first times we hung out, as he often does. Luckily, as an ESFJ, we're nearly a perfect match according to the book.

One of the qualities of your typical ENTP is the drive to explore new things, solve problems and constantly optimize. The stuff about cameras and insulation? Or our unblogged victories over the year and a half long mice infestation in this apartment and then successfully maneuvering our little car out of the bank it had been plowed into? The products of an ENTP personality. He finds a problem and then starts researching possibly solutions like mad until, and usually be means of his own design, formulates a plan to solve it. Like with the insulation.

Today he was further optimizing the attack on the cold in our apartment by spreading caulk along the edges of the windows and blocking any possible means of air to escape through the cracks, when it dawned on me: I've married my own dude from Man vs Wild.

Well, more like Man vs Suburbia, but you get the idea.

Suddenly I had an imagine in my head of being deserted for reals--it would be a hayday for him! And he'd totally conquer it all--getting water, permanent shelter, finding food. I have no doubt our family would be totally fine.

It is pretty amusing to see him in action, though. He just goes until he fixes it, and he finds pretty impressive means to accomplish it. I've never seen anything like it.

Then again, that's true about most of Grant's personality. I've just never seen anything like it...

And it makes me really curious about the personalities of our children.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

How true, how true. Actually I think their personalities come from heaven with them. It is not obvious that it came from any parent. Parenthood is such a discovery and and adventure. After having several you learn not to take credit for the good or the not so good.

Laura said...

I totally agree with Mom! Since you are complimentary personalities, there will obviously be things that are "like Grant" and "like Ashley" but then there's also the "where did THAT come from?!?" Kids come how the come. And having your own teaches you to NEVER judge someone else's kids 'cuz ... we're all just doin' our best. ;o)

(very cute tribute to the NT of the family. hehe)