Friday, December 12, 2008

Editor's Note

So, last week my sweet husband posted this:



Here is the stream of thought behind the photography.

1) Grant appears in the kitchen poised to photograph me. I stop what I'm doing and give a little pose. 2) After he clicks it, I realize he doesn't take very many pictures he doesn't want to share and I gasp as I say, "Grant! The kitchen's a mess, I look horrible and I'm
making a bowl of ice cream and they won't know it's not for me!" 3) "I mean it, get out of here and stop taking pictures!" 4) "Grant, come on isn't it bad enough that I'm fat and pregnant?" 5) "Come on, please. I've even got this incriminating box of graham crackers in my hand..." 6) Hanging my head in defeat.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Ashley, it's totally okay if that ice cream was for you. I'm just impressed you took the time to get a bowl. I would have just taken the whole carton and told my husband to go buy his own. But that's also why I gained 70 pounds. *sigh* You look beautiful Ashley!

Ashley said...

lol Although I have been known to take a spoon to a pint or the last bit in a carton, I serve myself into a much smaller bowl--that really was for him.

Thank you SO much for telling me I'm beautiful--I sure don't feel that way most days. Earlier this week I blow-dryed my hair and wore a snappy outfit complete with a snappy sweater and I couldn't believe how much better I felt because I looked so nice! We really do need to pamper ourselves sometimes...

Seth said...

The note makes this set of pictures 10 times funnier. If you could add them as subtitles and slow down the transition, it would be out of control funny.

I like the head hanging in resignation and the pointing threatening finger. :)

(BTW, you made me laugh out loud in the library and people glared at me)