Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas as a family

A year ago both Ashley and I were stuck in Chicago for Christmas. It was a lonely time for both of us, away from all family, so we got together to exchange presents and Christmas cheer.

It's a good thing we held our little party at her house because she takes a decidedly less grinch-like approach to the holidays (despite her attitude toward our friend from the North pole). It was a wonderful, beautiful Christmas for both of us.

Here is a picture from last Christmas:


Today we busted out the decorations. Thank goodness for Ashley and her decorations!

This year we are just getting started, but it's going to be great. Fewer presents, though. :)

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

My favorite thing is this post is the look on your face as you look at her after the decorations are up. It is a look of pure love and admiration. Lucky girl to be the recipient of the look.

Ashley said...

When he set the timer for that shot, it actually took at least 5 pictures, but this one was the first one, and that's why it was my favorite.

He looked at me just like that when I took my vows when we were married and it had the very same effect yesterday as it did on our wedding day.

I just thought to myself, "Wow, he really does Love me, doesn't he?"

Unknown said...

We have a little tree too, it is so cute and gets the job done! You two looked so cute last year too, that is so nice that you two were able to spend it together.
Wow, you are tolerant to let Grant post pictures of you in your robe and pregnant, you are a very cute pregnant lady in her robe though!

Laura said...

That really is a sweet expression of Grant's as he's admiring his sweet wife. Your first Christmas as a family. It's the best. We had a little tree that we used that first year and we still have it - 12 years later!

Rachel said...

My favorite part are the matching sweaters. You guys are too cute!

Scott and Kel said...

I love the process in pictures! I'm totally jealous you are able to decorate...I LOVE Christmas and we're in the middle of moving, so no deco for me :( Good times!!!