Friday, August 8, 2008

Photo Mosaic

Ashley and I went through our respective picture collections to compile a collection from our lives and from our lives together and we made a photo mosaic. I won't bore you with the details but I had so much fun writing programs to modify and prepare the pictures and then using software to create this mosaic. It took a lot of time but it was worth it. Ashley started reading Eragon to pass the time while I was working on it.


Yes, it's made of little pictures from our lives. You probably can't see it here, but you can go to a (slightly shrunk from the original) version at my picasaweb site. If you download it and zoom in you can see all the sweet pictures.

We can't wait for the poster to arrive (20x24). We are going to frame it right away.

Ahhh technology and family. Can there be any two things as wonderful?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Holy Sheep! I don't even want to know how long that took. But that is seriously so cool. I'm impressed. :)

Jacqueline said...

Tell Ashley she will love Twilight way more than Eragon. I have read them both and there is no comparison. Get her Twilight!!! $13 at Wal-Mart

Ashley said...

I promise I'll get myself to the library soon! I know my name is changed, but I don't think I'll actually be a Farnsworth woman until I've read Twilight... :)

Kristina said...

Wow, awesomeness. Forget grad school, just go into the poster making business :)

Laura said...

That is soooooo cool!!!

Yes, Ashley, reading Twilight is way fun. But, the oldest Farnsworth daughter STILL hasn't read it - even though I gave her a copy for her birthday LAST October! *sigh*

Lybi said...

What the?! Wow! It is sooo beeeyootiful!!! Now do one for me...kidding kidding.