Monday, July 22, 2013

Making requests

When Kendra was Elliot's age, she had a very adorable and rather unique way of making requests.

Elliot has developed his own difficult-to-record and very adorable way of asking for things.

He approaches me, usually quite abruptly, with his request.  Though since some of his words sound awfully similar to others he uses, I repeat it back to him most of the time to make sure we're on the same page.  But then when I confirm it, he just casually replies, "Okay," as if I had made a suggestion and whatever, it sounds alright to him.  And he walks to where ever the thing he's asking for his located because he might as well entertain my suggestion out of politeness.

It goes a little something like this.

He runs to me, "Mommy!  Milk?"

"Oh, sure, honey.  You want some milk?"

He starts to walk to the fridge, where he knows the milk, "Okay."

And often a second time, in a quieter voice, "Okay."


No comments: