Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Smiling through it

Well, for those of you who haven't caught the saga on Facebook, Kendra and I (Ashley) both have been hit hard with some nasty strain of cold/flu. It started with Kendra over the weekend until by Sunday night she was screaming and completely inconsolable and also completely congested looking at me like, "Why aren't you making me better?!" And then again on Monday night. And a little less last night...we've got a humidifier going in her room but other than that, there's not much we can do. Awesome. She's still quite stuffy and is totally uninterested in any food or drink whatsoever (I hate when that happens, it completely freaks me out!) but she hasn't had a fever since Sunday and she's still pretty cheerful until it's time to sleep.

I started feeling poorly on Sunday night, too. Then I noticed a sore throat on Monday and by last night I completely hit a wall and was barely able to function at all. Luckily for us, though, Daddy is still going strong. He is so tender and caring to his little girls, especially when they're not feeling well.

I had to get a quick shot of Kendra before church on Sunday. Since she's started crawling and pulling herself up, we've been putting shoes on her when we head out. I pulled these out a few weeks ago and feel bad because they barely fit! But they really are the perfect finishing touch. :)

She smiled as soon as I put the camera up. She's not feeling well (and has a runny nose in this picture to prove it) but she still knows how to cheese it!

Can you see tooth #2? It's totally there!

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a sweetheart girl!! She doesn't look that much like a baby any more. And smiling through her cold. What a toughie.

Lybi said...

Oh I'm so sorry you've been sick! I've always thought that being a mother is the best job ever...excepts the hours, the abscence of sick days, and of course, the wages. But the perks outweigh these minor setbacks--like baby smiles! We get paid well in baby smiles. And how precious the smiles are. She is adorable! Love the shoes!

Kristina said...

So cute! I love that picture!. Hope you both feel better soon!

Unknown said...

How precious is she?!?!? Awww, I love her little outfit complete with the red Mary Janes. It is so horrible being sick, especially when your little one is sick because you feel so helpless and I know that look you are talking about where they are just wondering why your not making it all better. I hope you two get feeling 100% better!

Belkycita said...

OH wow! she has a cold! yucks I'm sorry. I am in LOVE with her shoes, have you seen any size 7?