Friday, October 19, 2012

Getting dressed

As Elliot has gained mobility, he has naturally taken much greater interest in our home and our stuff.  I thought I was brilliantly using space when I purchased a small coat rack to mount on the wall and I asked Grant to install at the kids' height since it would be for them and they could learn to grab their own coats and put them away themselves.

Well.  Elliot has the part about grabbing stuff off it so totally nailed.

He played like this for as long as we let him when he got these things down.  And these are the only documented cases--he hands us coats to put on him fairly regularly.

Funny guy...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

as my friend Mimi would say,
he has GREAT taste in textiles.

Jenny said...

Our kids were big into "dressing up" too. I loved being able to tell them to put their own coats away. I ought to work out something like that for this apartment- when we need jackets. Which is supposed to happen sometime soon I'm told...