Friday, May 11, 2012

More nutrition

Kendra has yet to be a "good eater" for us.  For a long while, it was a cause of great concern and then at some point in the past year, I kinda quit worrying so much because it occurred to me that she has always put on weight, never been seriously ill and never shown any symptoms of any kind of malnutrition.

It's often a debate of quality calories vs quantity calories.  I'd love for her to have a little-to-no-sugar-added diet of lean proteins, whole grains and fresh fruits and veggies, and I make it a point to frequently offer her those options and put them on her plate whether she asks for them or not.

But sometimes she makes a request, and I'm just so glad she's willing to consume something without any encouragement or manipulation of any kind (positive or negative) that I let her have it, even if it's not the healthiest option.

Which is why we have pictures like this:


Ice cream sandwiches don't actually do much for me (Daddy though, that's a whole other matter), but something about these pictures makes that stuff look good to me...

"Yes, I just consumed over one third of that bad boy in one bite.  Any challengers?"


 

Nobody else wants an ice cream sandwich right now?  Just me?


I think she'll enjoy it enough to make up for anyone else, just in case.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Nom, nom, nom. I love those ice cream sandwiches!

mandersue said...

OHHH! I am faced with the same challenge every day! I'm glad to know Im not the only parent that gets tired of the constant food battles and gives in just to make sure they are eating SOMETHING!

Laura said...

Hahaha! I LOVE those huge Daddy size bites and the enthusiasm behind them!!!

LaurenOpie said...

I just had to comment and say I have never seen such a CLEAN face while eating one of those suckers. Seriously! The moment one of those touches my kids fingers it seems to be everywhere. Impressive, Kendra! :)