Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cabinet Gnomes!

This morning I got up to make Ashley breakfast. It was the first time in several years that I've used a stove, with the exception of broiling hot dogs over the open flame. Anyway, this is how the kitchen looked when I was done. See if anything looks amis to you. (Disregard the dishes because I did them shortly after the picture)



What the heck happened to those pantries? I refuse to accept the fact that I leave them open habitually because I feel like I am always carefully closing them. I spend all day closing these doors and every time I pass by they end up open. It's like that spooky scene in the sixth sense when the mom leaves the boy in the kitchen for a second. When she comes back all the pantries are open magically. Spooky.

Ashley always gets a kick out of it. At least that's the way she describes it. Quite frankly our relationship reminds me of the relationship between WALL-E and that little cleaning robot that follows him around. Only we love each other more. Thank goodness for tolerant wives.

In Every Way

I've always said about Ashley that she is practically perfect in every way. The other day she took a nap and I got a shot of her right afterwards. It's the only time you will ever find her looking anything but perfect in any way, and she still has such a pretty smile. I guess despite her practical perfection, her hair can be mussed up, only ever so slightly.

You know your wife loves you and is amazingly tolerant when she allows you to post nap-hair pictures of her on the world wide web.

Ahhh, such a wonderful marriage.

The Gamer in Us

In Ashley's view, one of the really big upsides of me as a husband (or perhaps, compensating plusses) is that I am not a gamer. I haven't had any tolerance for games since I gave myself myopia and violent dreams playing doom and duke nukem as a teenager (and who knows what other symptoms were caused by that). It saves so much time and I'm so much more interested in the family and stuff. Well, ironically, one of the things Ashley and I really enjoyed doing together when we were dating was playing guitar hero. Such a great game. And it's not divisive, it's good quality family together time. Well we decided to go ahead and get ourselves a PS2 (we couldn't believe how cheap they are now that the PS3 is out) and a couple of guitar hero games.

For now we are still using her tiny little television that doesn't even have stereo sound, but that doesn't mean we don't rock out together. We have guitar hero 3, which is the best of the games because it's the "Legends of Rock" version so it only has really quality songs. We also got the "Rock the 80's" version, which is nice, although you can't technically have a career together. That is, you can play guitar and bass together on songs, but only songs that you have already beat by playing solo. That was a very annoying discovery. So I stayed up real late after Ashley had gone to bed and beat a whole bunch of songs. It's for the family, you know?

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Any sacrifice for the family, right!!