Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy birthday!

I didn't figure that I'd get these pictures up so soon, but the birthday girl still has a cold and was ready for bed pretty early.

At dinner tonight, she seemed to sense the excitement of the occasion...

And of course, we stripped her down to her diaper for the crowning event...

She dug in pretty enthusiastically.

But in the end, she was really only interested in the frosting...

Even if she didn't eat much cake, she sure did enjoy it.

And after cake, it was the long-awaited moment:
PRESENTS!
Okay, so we didn't actually wrap anything. Cut me some slack, she's one. First: something to build the mind, and hopefully teach some colors eventually, too...
Megablocks!
She seemed to be having fun with them.
At least, until she forgot about them when I pulled out her other present...

Yes, my friends. That is a 20 inch stuffed Yoda.

And she loves it. As she does most stuffed animals (and Jedi)...
We still can't believe our "baby" is already one year old! My how the time flies...

And don't worry Belky (and anyone else thinking the same thing). We're totally dying to get her a sibling for her by her next birthday.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh how fun! I love baby birthdays! And who doesn't love frosting. I just wish I could dig into frosting with my fingers and rub it all over my face!
What exciting stuff!

Michelle said...

Having had 3 kids in 4 years, Good Luck! It's intense...

Belkycita said...

Oh my dear goodness!!! Happy birthday little one, have fun with Yoda ;-)

Whitney said...

That is so cute! I love the Yoda.