Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

For our first Thanksgiving together, Grant and I went to a really nice couple's house from our ward at church who invited us over. It was fun--we were the cute, young ones around the table. Our hostess asked us to each go around and say what we are thankful for.

There really is quite a bit for me to choose from as I have always lived a very, very blessed life. Family, friends, health, prosperity, good fortune, the list goes on and on. But without a doubt, there is one thing that stands far out and it has altered the course of my whole existence forever and for the better.

Grant's Love.


He loves me completely and devotedly and in a way that often leaves me awestruck. Long before he asked me to consider it, I knew that he would be a good husband and I knew that we would be happy together, but the degree to which it's proved to be true continues to astound me. And the thing that makes me so Happy is how very, very Loved I feel. Being Loved like this is something that I've yearned for since I realized it could exist.

I have been giving thanks for it for quite some time, but it's significant enough that I don't think it's redundant to declare here too.

So Happy Thanksgiving, dear ones! I hope everyone has as much to be Thankful for as I do.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Such a sweet post. You brought tears to my eyes. Being loved is the fuel that a woman runs on. Sounds like your fuel tank is full.

Kristina said...

That is very sweet. What would we do without our spouses?

Seth said...

I like the name. It flows really well. We also gave Simeon the middle name of a relative. Simeon Douglas Farnsworth. Kristina's father's middle name is Douglas and he went by his middle name growing up.

So I like Kendra Kay.

Seth said...

Oops, it posted it in the wrong one. I don't know how that happened, because I haven't even read your last post, but my comment was for the post about the name.

Laura said...

What a sweet post, Ashley. Grant, you're awesome.