Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just hanging out...

Being a mother can be hard.  Some days are a whole lot of tushies to wipe and messes to clean up and tantrums to soothe and literally not being able to remember the last time I took a shower (which is super gross because I workout almost every day).  And with three of em, every so often there's just a day with not much more than bouncing from one to another wearing my Mommy cape.

But luckily, there's an opposite end of the spectrum.  Luckily, at least once a day, at least one of our kids does something wonderful that convinces me that I am, in fact, the luckiest Mommy in the whole wide world.  And with three of em, every so often there's just a day with not much more than bouncing from one to another soaking in how great it is.

We had one Sunday morning like that recently.  With church services starting at 12:30pm last year and the kids on an 8am wake-up schedule, we always had time to kill those mornings.  Just oatmeal and blueberries, markers and scrap paper and LOTS of fun and smiles among us.






I ask you, am I not, in fact, the luckiest Mommy in the whole wide world?  :)

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Yes, you look very lucky to me. What wonderful kids you have. You will love remembering these days.