Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Difference between men and women...

Well, I'm pretty proud of the difference in our little apartment since converting it from the Farns' grad school bachelor pad to Casa de Farnsworth Familia, which I've already tooted here.

For Grant, there have been a lot of changes since we got married (for me too, naturally). Some of them are because being a bachelor is different from being a husband. Some of them are because living with a man is different than living with a woman.

Since he started working last week, I've taken the time he spends away from home to make our place a bit improved one project at a time. My first duly entitled "project" was the microwave. Something I've been meaning to get to since we moved in six weeks ago but haven't gotten around to somehow.

These pictures really don't do it justice. It was sick. I recommend clicking on it to expand the image to get the full effect.


So after a significant period of time on my tiptoes (the microwave is on top of the fridge because that's the only place we can put it that will let us plug it in somewhere that won't blow a fuse every time we want to use it and something else and in retrospect I should have stood on a chair for the task), some amount huffing and puffing (I might have even broken a sweat *blush*) and no chemicals to prevent asthma in our growing fetus (just hot water and a clean dish rag, ladies)...

Viola!


Now it absolutely glimmers! Especially if you see the before and after side-by-side. In the immortal words of Joey Lawrence, "WHOA!" I feel like it's worthwhile to actually wipe up something that splatters while it's heating...a habit I've had for quite a while and felt gross about giving up but let's be honest, people. It was so disgusting I couldn't even tell when something I was taking out of the dang thing had splattered.

Grant is often bemused by things like how I feel soooo much better if the bed gets made and the sink stays wiped out. But even though he doesn't get how it could possibly affect my mood and make me so darn cheerful, even he noticed a difference in how sparkling and immaculate the microwave was when he got home from his first day of work.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hey, when you run out of projects I have some here that might cheer you up to do too. What a difference. Grant REALLY needed you. In so many ways. Love you

Ashley said...

Well, I think it's pretty fair to say that we needed each other... :)

Unknown said...

Ashley that is seriously an impressively clean microwave. : ) A big hi to you and grant and the baby!!!

(p.s. - it's high time i actually leave a comment on your blog since i love reading it so much! great blog!)

Laura said...

Ick. I hate cleaning the microwave. I love when I can clean without chemicals. It somehow freaks me out that I'm leaving some toxic residue all over something that I might put my food on. Nice job! ;o)